Making your own chemical free washing powder is easy and economical.
It is another way to reduce the toxic load on the environment and your family.
By using the following method and ingredients you can make 3.4kg of washing powder, which equates to approximately 150 loads of washing. This mix is ideal for use in every washing cycle, with it's odour eliminating and stain removing ingredients. To top it off it is environmentally friendly.
- 1kg borax
- 1kg sodium carbonate (washing soda)
- 800g fine salt
- 500g soap powder or 4 bars of laundry soap milled to fine powder
- 100g sodium bicarbonate
- 1-2 tbsp essential oils
- Add all ingredients into a bucket or large container and mix until well combined. Easy.
- Add 1-2 tbsp to each wash depending of size of washing machine or washing load.
- If you like to use fabric softener, a natural alternative is vinegar with a couple of drops of essential oil such as eucalyptus, lavender or purify.